by James Anderson | Last Updated on February 17, 2023
Inverter welders have gained popularity over the years for their technological capabilities and splendid efficiency. Like most, professionals even love the inverter welders for getting the extra benefits. Inverter welders are the best to work with simple and lightweight tasks which makes it an ultimate choice for beginners, hobbyists, and creative welders.
In our guide, we have reviewed the 7 best inverter welders to assist you in choosing a well-suited one. Hope you will find the article informative and insightful.
Reviews of the 7 Best Inverter Welder
1. Forney Easy Weld 261 Inverter Welder – Top Pick
The best inverter MIG welder of all times- Forney Easy Weld 261. Either you are a novice welder practicing your welding skill or a professional handling critical projects, this welder is smooth as butter. It welds marvelous for the small size it is. We recommend the welder for the boundless voltage and speed control it has to satisfy entry-level welders.
With Forney Easy Weld you can dial in the weld you desire. This welder claims to be your constant support for upcoming years. What you will love about Forney Easy weld, is the impressive performance on 1/2” to 3/16” mild steel pieces. Setting this machine is a no-brainer and you’ll absolutely love the infinite controls that are easily manageable.
- For the small welder it is, the unit has the immense potential to handle 140AMP output. Newbies, recreational welders wouldn’t have to research extensively to get a hold of it. It’s convenient and super easy to weld.
- The welder is only 19lbs which makes it transportable wherever you go. It’s built of an all-metal case with the capability of holding 2- and 10-pounds rolls of wire.
- This little powerhouse is applicable to flux core welding and a more than perfect tool for home and hobby use.
- The welder comes with an 8’MIG gun, ground clamp, torch wrap, and adapter. It operates at a 90% duty cycle on an amperage setting of 90A.
2. DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Inverter Welder – Runner-Up
DEKOPRO MMA Welder is one of the best-rated inverted welders that has been getting praises for its competence and amazing performance. This little welder has all the potentialities to do your basic stick welding. It works well on both the 110 and 220V power outlets. You can satisfy your soldering needs using the unique control modes and low-cost cutting technology.
One of the attractive features of DEKOPRO is the rapid cooling function warranted by the highly efficient, noise-free fan motor. The construction is pretty sturdy sheltered by multiple solid frames. It can be efficiently used to accomplish multiple purposes from welding cast iron, steel pieces, and various others. In addition, the model is truly a versatile inverter welder and successfully makes to the best inverter welder category.
- The welder has an amperage range of 10 to 160 A. You can directly turn the knobs to get the desired setting. The wide usage and multiple functionalities give an edge to welders.
- DEKOPRO is dedicated to ensuring your overall safety at every time. No matter when the current is unstable, the voltage automatically adjusts to the current resulting in beautiful welds.
- For basic home users, professionals, and enthusiasts DEKOPRO is exclusively tailored to satisfy users from every background.
- The machine weighs 12.1 lbs. Its build of steel frame and a plastic handle on top makes it for moving places.
3. HZXVOGEN 110/220V MMA Inverter Welder – Best Value for Money
Get ready to put your hands on one of the most powerful welder, the HZXVOGEN MMA welder. This is a must-have welding machine that is distinct from the other traditional ones. Not just this welder has special characteristics, they are highly affordable letting you experience premium benefits.
Though it’s a compact tool, the possibilities of this welder are indefinite. It offers a dual voltage of 110/220V and a 60% of duty cycle at a range of 20-140A. The arc is easy to commence producing minimum spatter. The unit keeps pace with the voltage creating good welds. HZXVOGEN is praised for being the best inverter stick welder.
- The welder is an absolute choice for home welders, hobbyists, and farm or shop projects. HZXVOGEN does excellent in stick welding with its precise current adjustment facilities.
- A long strap is attached to the machine for convenient use. It weighs only 1.95kg. The unit is suitable for 1.6 and 3.2-mm electrodes. It lays down consistent arc producing beautiful welds using 7011 and 6013 rods.
- It includes a 30A adapter cord, an earth clamp, and an electrode holder. It is preferred to use indoors in a safe environment.
4. PRIMEWELD TIG/Stick Inverter Welder – Premium Choice
Another powerful, highly-rated welder that makes it to our list is PRIMEWELD Tig/Stick Welder. The most impressive feature about the welder is the use of advanced technology to perform TIG welding. The outstanding performer works on 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild steel. Also, the unit applies to a range of materials including aluminum, mild and stainless steel, and other metal pieces.
PRIMEWELD is a mid-range welder that comes with countless benefits. The built-in PMW and IGBT technology ensures professional and hobby welders derive the high-quality arc out of it. The machine works on both AC and DC output and can be switched with just a simple push. The simplicity of this welder is incomparable. The 2T and 4T switches let you select operations between 2-touch or 4-touch.
The welder can be carried easily at job sites with the all-metal handle on top. PRIMEWELD comes with a foot pedal for smooth, consistent welds. The unit is recommended for hobbyists or DIY users who are looking for quality performance equivalent to professional-grade ones.
- PRIMEWELDER offers both TIG and Stick welding capabilities. This 225amp welder works smoothly on thinner workpieces.
- The packaging includes a CK17 head torch, tubing, dense connector, gas regulators, foot pedals, cables, and other accessories.
- You wouldn’t regret buying the machine for its quick customer services and the 3-year warranty offered to its users.
- The unit is well-built and one of the top-rated for its reliability and top performance. It comes with a proper ventilation system to protect the unit from overheating.
5. Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Inverter Welder
Presenting you one of the most classical welders of all times, Lincoln Electric K2278-1. Get yourself equipped with this tremendous asset for your hobby projects or home repair. It’s a flux core welder and welds fantastic on up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
Lincoln Electric is compatible with a bunch of electrodes creating beautiful welds. This little tool works like a breeze outdoors on stainless steel, rutile, cast iron, and so on. Don’t worry if you aren’t a professional welder as Lincoln is a great companion for peeps who have just started their welding career.
This powerhouse welder is lightweight, weighing 45 pounds. It has a dimension of 8.82 x 17.99 x 12.8 inches and works victoriously on light duty occupation.
- Lincoln features electrical protections and thermostatic as additional safety. We love the welder for its consistent performance, well-built quality, and reliability.
- The maximum output range is 35-88 amps but its recommended duty cycle is 20% at 70amps. It’s easily adaptable to external works as it weighs just 4.23 kilograms.
- It goes with any household outlet of 115V and comes with everything to get started. The stable welding, premium components turns your welding magical.
6. SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA Inverter Welder
Moving to the heavier side, the SUNGOLDPOWER welder is an exclusive welder with exceptional features. Now that we have discussed some portable welders, this one is difficult to carry around.
Don’t worry, the unit is hefty due to the full-bridge features. Most welders are half-bridge welder while this exotic welder can convert AC into DC power for everlasting performance. The high-quality components ease the welding journey for many years ahead.
Our favorite part of the welder is the anti-sticking property that safeguards the welder from overheating. The advanced IGBT technology takes the welding performance to a better level.
- The welder operates on both 110V and 220V power outlets efficiently. The digital display of the selected amps makes it easier for novice welders.
- SUNGOLDPOWER is capable of producing an effortless arc. It comes with all the essential equipment from AC plug to cables and electrode holders.
- A heavy-duty welder that doesn’t give a toy vibe. If you are a shop welder, welding steel and its alloys, or low carbon this is an appropriate one for you.
- Though it weighs more than few others, the compact size lets carrying hassle-free. Another good feature about this brand, it is 85% more energy-saving than conventional welders.
7. LOTOS LTPDC2000D TIG/Stick/Plasma Cutter Inverter Welder
LOTOS is a multifunctional, versatile welding machine that works incredible on TIG welding. It’s a blessing to welders who are looking for a welder that does it all. LOTOS features TIG, stick, and plasma cutter to accomplish all your welding related tasks at home, job sites, or garage.
You might be thinking what makes it the best inverter TIG welder? Well, the mechanisms and precise results of this welder has amazed everyone. If you are considering thinner sheet metal and small parts, this welder outperforms other similar welders. That being said, it has a pilot arc for plasma cutting that cuts beautifully even through rusted steel. The downside of this machine is it doesn’t come with a foot pedal but do get an optional one to witness the exact weld you want.
- This is a 3-in-1 combo welder that gives you a heartwarming performance on TIG, stick, and plasma cutter mode. The unit ensures efficient cut with minimum slag formation.
- The interesting part of the machine is it’s a dual voltage that runs on 110V or 220V. It has a powerful TIG welding startup and gives an outcome of a smooth, stable arc.
- A perfect welding tool for the non-professional who are looking to weld in different process quickly and economically. For field projects or learning various methods or welding, this is a must-have one.
Things to Consider before buying an Inverter Welder
Whether you are a beginner who hasn’t tried welding before or a professional welder who has been working in this industry for years, your first and foremost task is to decide on the materials and the type of application required. Inverter welders offer additional benefits over regular machines and that is why it has been a desired and preferable welding tool.
Inverter welder is compact and lightweight in general. On the flip side, the regular welder has a heavy built quality and is stationary. You can carry the welder in your car trunk, move it placing in a cart, or carry using the integrated handle, it’s always hassle-free. What we especially love about inverter welder is it’s energy-efficient and capable of performing within a low voltage. It gives you greater flexibility offering you easier controls and efficient technology. Here is a guideline to let you choose a reliable inverter welder:
The very first thing to look into is the type of welding needed to perform. You should consider the technology applied to the various metals. Without any adequate knowledge of welding machines, you might pick a too oversized or undersized one. The most preferred one is the MMA technology that is an ideal unit for inexperienced hobbyists and novice welders. However, there are variations for instance MMA / FLUX / TIG, MMA / TIG / MIG, and others depending on your requirements. That being said, inverter welders are popular for small workshops, occasional work, and home maintenance.
Before you decide on a welder, make sure to see the specifications about the amperage. Amperage determines the power of the welder. That means the more the amperage, the more powerful the welder is. Most welders have an amperage rating between 100 to 250Amps. We recommend you to get a welder with a range of 20 to 200Amps.
Another important consideration is the current type or the voltage input. Most inverter welders possess dual voltage while others have single-phase power. Higher input indicates greater power and flexibilities. However, if you are planning to weld at your house, get one that’s compatible with your house outlet. Most high volt input requires a special power circuit.
The duty cycle measures the amount a welder can continue operating over 10 minutes. Get an inverter machine that has a longer duty cycle to ensure more efficiency. Many welders struggle with overheating issues and need to stop every 2 minutes. For home repair and maintenance, simple tasks a moderate duty cycle would do fine. A welder with a 60% duty cycle will weld for 6 minutes and rest for 4 minutes.
If you are struggling to find a suitable one from two close alternatives, the deciding factor can be the accessories. Inverter welding machines can come with all the necessary equipment to get started. For instance, a ground clamp, electrode holder, adapter, helmet, mask, protective case, and gear. Consider the one with the highest, premium quality accessories.
The majority of the inverter welder is light in weight which will allow you to easily carry wherever you go. Most welding jobs are accomplished outdoor and that’s why portability is an important consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Why should I buy an inverter welder?
An impressive advantage of inverter welder is the lightweight, compact design. They often deliver higher duty cycles resulting in substantially superior performance.
Q: Are inverter welders reliable?
Yes, inverter welders are reliable because of their greater efficiency. Since they produce more arc you can experience stability and excellent welds.
Q: What inverter welder should a beginner welder buy?
According to our inverter welder review, Forney Easy Weld 261 is a suitable entry-level welder. The infinite voltage, speed controls, easy to start features lets any beginner learn welding within a few days.
Q: Are transformer welders more efficient than inverter welders?
If you are dedicated to simple projects rather than heavy-duty ones, inverter welders exceed transformer welders in efficiency and stability. Transformers own high duty cycles and are more applicable to complicated tasks.
Q: What is the best budget inverter welder?
If you are low on money but searching for a highly-performed inverter welder, our recommended HZXVOGEN MMA Welder costs less than $100.
Before we jump to a conclusion, we hope you have enjoyed the article throughout. Never rely on other people’s choices when purchasing an inverter machine as your needs, criteria, usage, and expectations will surely contradict the best professionals too.
Based on our research, we find the DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder the best overall choice. The potentiality, performance, and portability of this welder has captured our hearts. If budget is a barrier, consider purchasing an HZXVOGEN welder which is a good value for money. SUNGOLD power, Forney Easy weld, Lincoln, and other reviewed ones have been preferred for their versatility and numerous advantages.
Hi, I am James Anderson from Sandy, Utah. Welding has always been part of my life and I love to share my wealth of experience. I have a team of professionals who are knowledgeable about different welding processes. I hope you will be educated and informed on this website, to become better welders.